Playing catch-up. My world has been so hectic recently I could only post tidbits from my phone whenever I had the chance. In fact, this is the first time in 4 days that I have sat down at my own computer to do some work. Work can wait… the world cant. so here are a few weeks questions in one.
What object do you always have with you when traveling and why?
A pocket journal along with a 2B pencil and a purple 0.5mm purple coloured pen. The journal comes from a store that supports micro financing. The women that produced this totally hand – made journal, come from villages in India, Nepal and surrounds who all suffer from HIV. The journal cover is made from recycled rags and the pages of handmade paper. It is tied with string woven by the ladies in the villages. Sound expensive? no… $12 towards changing the lives of these women and children they support.
What subject would you like to study in depth, if given the time to do so?
I have just finished the subject of Ethics as part of a philosophy course in my BA. It was heart wrenching and I will post my final essay in a separate post.I got to study in depth to some issues that I have just given the briefest of thoughts before. I am ruined for life. I can no longer read a newspaper or watch TV news without thinking which ethical perspective people are coming from i.e: what makes people think its OK to do what they do. I would like to study this further to be able to write papers helping others to understand, and inform others of true motivations behind some of the decisions made in government, business and elsewhere.
Which would you prefer: a wild, turbulent life filled with joy, sorrow, passion, and adventure–intoxicating successes and stunning setbacks; or a contented bordering on happy, secure, predictable life surrounded by friends and family without such wide swings of fortune and mood?
Oh my goodness, the former please. I would not like to be wrapped in cotton wool, shoved in a draw, and be fed only what food and ideas which have proved to be non-harmful.
What are your favorite spices?
I don’t know really. I have been sheltered in terms of spices. I am only now discovering foods I had not previously been exposed to. Because I live in the multicultural center of Sydney, filled with artisans, poets, and people from all over the world, I now get to experience a whole new palette.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
I will fill this question in for the month. I am thankful that I am finished ethics and thankful for the high distinction I earned. I am looking forward to finishing the Business admin course that I have almost completed. I am also looking forward to the VIVID light festival and taking photos of it over the coming week. I am looking forward to the BENTART exhibition that is coming up next weekend.
Do you prefer shopping or going to a park?
Oh my, as a person who struggles with agoraphobia I have to say the park. I am not so bad with open places but closed shopping centres, with no windows and lots of people… not for me. Oh, there is another thing I am thankful for… late night even 24 hour trading. not so many people to freak me out at 3am when I need some milk.
What is the highest score you’ve ever made in bowling? Actual or virtually played.
Virtual 235. Real life… 25 years ago 210
Name the foreign countries you’ve been to.
I was a missionary in the Phillipines in 1993 and a singer for philanthropic causes in Indonesia in 2000.
Describe your own outlook on life in seven words or less
Relax, have fun, be considerate, share (read my blog post entitled Rules of the Game).
I think I have answered these before. It would be interesting to see if the answers I provided then are the same as the answers I give now.
If you could go back and visit any time period, what time would you travel to and why?
Right here, Right now. We have it pretty good. Technology helps us in every facet of life. We are better informed about what is going on in the world and if we don’t like it, we are better able to speak up against it.
If you could have three wishes granted for you alone, what would they be? This is a time for you to dream and have fun.
1. A new bed… mine is on the verge of collapsing. anyone reading this who is close by and has the capacity to provide I would greatly appreciate it. It doesn’t have to be big, in fact I am thinking of downsizing to a King Single so I can have more room in my room.
2. A bigger room, along with the capacity to pay for it. So I don’t have to move my easel every time I need to get milk out of the fridge.
3. a set of good watercolour brushes. I am just learning to develop a skill for watercolors, so I am yet to splurge out and buy some decent brushes.
Wanting something to quench your thirst, what would you drink?
I have discovered a new drink. now this is a secret, so don’t go telling everyone. Lightly sparkling mineral water with a hint of juice. It can be berry, lemon or lime, or one recently discovered in a large German based supermarket chain… gurana. It is yum.
If you watch TV what are your favorite three television shows?
I really don’t have time to watch a lot of programs, but I do enjoy these.
1. Escape to the Country: From England it helps people to leave the rat race and find a place to buy in the ancient countryside of England. Do I have a desire to go there, or even buy property there? no. I am content to watch the program and see people fulfil their dreams
2. American Pickers. love seeing what old things are found in the barns of America. Australia is not so old so we don’t have a lot of barns and things filled like these ones. If I started work as an Australian picker I think I would go broke real quick.
3. House rules. Couples from All around Australia help each other renovate each others houses. Love seeing dreams fulfilled.
I think I am up to date now.